Friday, November 04, 2005

AN EYE LOOKING UPWARD

(someone once told me that i reminded them of a deep, dark fissure. I thought about that. What is a fissure? What does it want? This poem was what came to me).
-tad

Deep down, and beyond the surface where I live,

A yearning

These rocks were once starlight

The stones once travelers

This mantle laid carefully

But

From time to time, a mighty crack

A booming sound

Suddenly a fissure, the Earth breaks open

A narrow eye

Waiting for nighttime

Deep down

An impossible yearning, a looking upwards, homewards

These rocks were once starlight

Deep down in myself, beyond the surface where I live,

a longing

These bones were once starlight

This skin laid carefully

but, from time to time,

A mighty crack

A booming sound

Suddenly a fissure

My soul breaks open

A narrow eye

Waiting for nighttime

An impossible yearning, a looking upwards,

Homewards

These bones were once starlight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home